Hedgehog Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dates
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, combine the walnuts, dates and brown sugar. Add 1/2 cup coconut and egg; mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining coconut.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Hedgehog Cookies
Sort By :
"This is a great cookie! I choose this recipe because it was similar to one my grandmother made that was a no-bake stove top cookie with rice crispies. Tasted just as good and didn't require standing over the stove and stirring constantly. As with the other reviewer mine was VERY sticky so I simply put all the coconut into the mixture and scooped the cookies with a cookie scoop. Then dropped then on a cookie sheet that was lined with a Silpat. Easy, went together quick. Hardest part was waiting for them to cool so we could eat them!"
"My first time making this and it turned out great. It does get sticky but worth it. I didn't put the extra coconut on, it really doesn't need it."