- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugar
- until light and fluffy. Stir in the milk, water and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or resealable plastic bag;
- insert a small star tip. Fill bag with frosting. Push tip 1 in. into
- center of cupcake and fill with frosting just until top of cake
- begins to crack. Pipe frosting over the tops. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Editor's Note: The texture of this frosting is typical of one made with granulated sugar.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cupcake equals 414 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.