- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat egg white until
- foamy. Add pecan halves; stir gently to coat. Combine sugar and
- brown sugar; add to pecan mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Spread into two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 18-22 minutes,
- stirring once. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and brown
- sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
- after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder,
- baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with
- sour cream, beating well after each addition. Stir in chopped
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at
- 325° 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and milk. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; stir in
- confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
- Serve with candied pecans. Yield: 16 servings (5 cups candied
To Make Ahead: The sugared nuts can be made a week in advance. The cake can be made the day before serving tightly wrapped at room temperature.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without candied pecans) equals 559 calories, 31 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.