Heavenly Praline Cake Recipe
- 1 egg white
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat egg white until foamy. Add pecan halves; stir gently to coat. Combine sugar and brown sugar; add to pecan mixture and stir gently to coat.
- 2. Spread into two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 18-22 minutes, stirring once. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Stir in chopped pecans.
- 4. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Serve with candied pecans. Yield: 16 servings (5 cups candied pecans).
To Make Ahead: The sugared nuts can be made a week in advance. The cake can be made the day before serving tightly wrapped at room temperature.
1 slice: 559 calories, 31g fat (17g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.