A moist cake and generous frosting are filled with the fabulous flavor of caramel. The candied pecans are almost a dessert by themselves!—Jennifer Rodriguez, Midland, Texas
- 1 egg white
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat egg white until foamy. Add pecan halves; stir gently to coat. Combine sugar and brown sugar; add to pecan mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Spread into two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 18-22 minutes, stirring once. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Serve with candied pecans. Yield: 16 servings (5 cups candied pecans).
Originally published as Heavenly Praline Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p173
Reviews for Heavenly Praline Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review