- Spread into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or
- until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool
- completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until
- blended. In a microwave, melt baking chips and shortening; stir
- until smooth. Cool slightly. Beat into cream cheese mixture. Add
- extract and, if desired, food coloring. Fold in mint candies. Spread
- over brownie layer. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan,
- bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk
- until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Spread ganache over filling. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove rim from pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 669 calories, 49 g fat (30 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.