Heavenly Mint Brownie Dessert Recipe
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 mint Andes candies, chopped
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 12 mint Andes candies, chopped
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a microwave, melt unsweetened chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and salt. Stir in chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour, mixing well. Fold in mint candies.
- 3. Spread into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 4. For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until blended. In a microwave, melt baking chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Beat into cream cheese mixture. Add extract and, if desired, food coloring. Fold in mint candies. Spread over brownie layer. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- 5. For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool slightly.
- 6. Spread ganache over filling. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set. Remove rim from pan. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 669 calories, 49g fat (30g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Heavenly Mint Brownie Dessert
"This is fantastically decadent. Everyone loved it. However, the brownie base was not very chocolaty so the next time I made it I used my regular brownie recipe ("five star brownies" from here) I also made them into a bar cookie the second time by spreading them in a large 12"by 15" cake pan lined with greased foil. This worked out great. The ganache did seem terribly thin each time and I really doubted it would set up so I added a lot more chocolate. I would make a different ganache next time.Also, VERY IMPORTANT, it never works for me to add melted chocolate to softened cream cheese. The chocolate instantly sets. I always warm the cream cheese in the microwave first."
"Perfect recipe just the way it is! It is a very rich dessert. We certainly could have cut smaller slices. Delicious!"
"Have made this 3x now! a HUGE hit with everyone!"
"I made this for Thanksgiving dessert and received rave reviews. It's something you'll want to enjoy in moderation, but it's definitely something you should enjoy at least once! I am not a fan of cheesecake or foods that contain significant amounts of cream cheese, but the peppermint flavoring and the rich chocolate make this dessert appealing even to those who don't particularly like cream cheese."
"We enjoyed this dessert for my husbands birthday. I found the ganache a little runny so I added more chocolate chips, next time I will decrease the amount of whipping cream drastically. I also only used about 1/3 of the mint filling without andies in it. It makes a very thick filling if you use the whole amount. Everyone enjoyed it though. I think it would be pretty garnished with more Andies."
"I made this for my birthday. It was absolutely delicious. Cut it into at least 12 pieces, if not more. It was so rich, even my husband couldn't finish his 1/8 slice, and I certainly couldn't. Definitely add more peppermint extract to the filling. I added the 1/2 teaspoon called for and couldn't even taste it in the nibble of filling I tried. I didn't measure exactly how much more I added, but it was at least an extra teaspoon. The finished dessert was just about perfect, but it still could've used just a tiny bit more extract."
"Awesome --very rich. A definite hit."
"I made this for my daughter's 14th birthday - she loved it - everyone loved it - really good with a side of vanilla ice cream!"
"I made this for my Moms birthday dinner dessert. It was FABULOUS! So pretty and so decadent!! Very impressive looking and oh so delicious!! It was to die for! I LOVE anything mint chocolate!! Even my hubby kept saying "This is sooooo good!!" I followed the directions exactly. I will for sure make this again!"
"I received my magazine this morning as I was heading to the grocery store. When I saw this, I knew I had to try it! Very easy and foolproof. Perfect amount of brownie/filling/topping combination. I will make this for Christmas with an added peppermint whipped cream (alcohol added). Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe!"