- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds mahi mahi
- 1-1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 tablespoons chopped pitted Greek olives, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 medium English cucumber, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 12 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil, lemon peel, 2 garlic cloves, oregano, salt and pepper. Add the mahi mahi; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, onion, red pepper, cheese, 3 tablespoons olives and parsley; set aside.
- Place the yogurt, cucumber, dill, coriander and remaining garlic and olives in a food processor; cover and process until blended.
- Drain fish and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill mahi mahi, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Place a portion of fish on each tortilla; top with cabbage mixture and sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Heavenly Greek Tacos
Sort By :
Wonderful, refreshing recipe. This is the second time I have made this meal, and we loved it again. If you like Greek food and Greek salad this will definitely appeal to you. My favorite part is the homemade cucumber sauce; it tastes SO yummy and fresh. The whole meal is very light and perfect for a summer evening.
Our whole family hated it. We immediately pushed our plates away and grabbed the peanut butter and jelly. Had I just served the fish without the sauce we would have been okay. The sauce made with the Greek yogurt and olives was terrible to us. Maybe we just aren't fans of Greek food.
Delicious! The marinade on the mahi is especially fabulous. The recipe made more sauce than we needed, so I'll likely cut it in half for next time.