Heavenly Fudge Sauce
In addition to topping fresh fruit and angel food cake, this sweet sauce is tasty over vanilla ice cream. It's easy to double the recipe when you want to make some to give as gift.Jane Payne, Twin Falls, Idaho
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- Sliced bananas, orange sections or cubed angel food cake
- Melt chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over very low heat.
- Whisk in sugar and salt alternately with milk; bring just to a boil
- over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Serve warm over bananas,
- oranges or cake. Yield: 4-6 servings (1 cup).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 226 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.