Heavenly Dinner Rolls Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 7 to 7-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Melted butter, optional
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add milk, sugar, shortening and 4 cups flour; beat until smooth. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 2 hours. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt and enough remaining flour to form a soft, slightly sticky dough. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Turn onto a heavily floured surface; pat to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a biscuit cutter or drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush tops with butter if desired. Dough may be refrigerated up to 3 days. Punch down each day. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 each: 106 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Heavenly Dinner Rolls
"these rolls are very delicious"
"i like this recipe for roll. it good but it missing something. but their still good."