Heavenly Dinner Rolls Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 7 to 7-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Melted butter, optional
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add milk, sugar, shortening and 4 cups flour; beat until smooth. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 2 hours. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt and enough remaining flour to form a soft, slightly sticky dough. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Turn onto a heavily floured surface; pat to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a biscuit cutter or drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush tops with butter if desired. Dough may be refrigerated up to 3 days. Punch down each day. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 each: 106 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Heavenly Dinner Rolls
"these rolls are very delicious"
"i like this recipe for roll. it good but it missing something. but their still good."