Heavenly Crab Cakes Recipe
- 1 pound imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. Combine crabmeat, 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, egg substitute, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, lime and lemon juices and Worcestershire sauce. Shape into eight patties. Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl; dip each patty into crumbs to cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat until browned on both sides. Yield: 8 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch; also, 150 calories, 108 mg sodium, 14 mg cholesterol, 22 gm carbohydrate, 11 gm protein, 2 gm fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.