Heavenly Crab Cakes Recipe
- 1 pound imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. Combine crabmeat, 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, egg substitute, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, lime and lemon juices and Worcestershire sauce. Shape into eight patties. Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl; dip each patty into crumbs to cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat until browned on both sides. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 150 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 11g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat
Reviews for Heavenly Crab Cakes
"I used imitation crab (two 8 oz packages), it was simple & quick! Quick fix for dinner on a toasted bun with cheese!"
"Easy to mix together, but hard to keep together. (Broke apart when turning). My husband loved them and told me to keep recipe. I think I will add a little Old Bay seasoning to give it that authentic Maryland crab cake flavor. I left out the lime and lemon juices and served lemon wedges on the side."
"Unfortunately not what we had hoped for. We are big fans of crab cakes and hubby is on heart diet so looking for alternate low fat, heart healthy recipes. Saw this and decided to try since we are both big fans of crab cakes. We also like imitation crab. Although imitation crab is good in many recipes calling for crab, as much as we wanted it to, for crab cakes it just doesn't cut it in our opinion. These were just "ok". The bread crumbs did not crisp up much either. Maybe because it calls for cakes to be pre-coated with the crumbs and then chilled in frig? We will not be making these again."
"My kids enjoys immitation crab meat, so this dish is perfect for us. Very easy to make and a nice change from meat and potatoes"
"These crab cakes are - well - heavenly! I love the ratio of crab to crumbs - 1 lb crab to 1 cup crumbs - yum!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.