When I switched to a low-fat diet, I thought I'd never be able to eat crab cakes again. But then I found this recipe. Now I can enjoy these little patties of paradise…without any guilt! —Laura Letobar, Livonia, Michigan
- 1 pound imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine crabmeat, 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, egg substitute, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, lime and lemon juices and Worcestershire sauce. Shape into eight patties. Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl; dip each patty into crumbs to cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat until browned on both sides. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Heavenly Crab Cakes Fish in Taste of Home February/March 1994, p18
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Heavenly Crab Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review