- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. For angel heads, shape
- teaspoonfuls of reserved dough into 12 balls; flatten into circles.
- Lightly press on top of pointed end of each wedge. Add chips for
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to
- cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating at 50% power 2-3 minutes or until
- melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Coat pretzels with candy coating;
- shake off excess. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with edible
- glitter. Freeze 15 minutes or until firm.
- Place angels on waxed paper. Tint some of the candy coating green and
- some blue. Frost angels' dresses with tinted candy coating; sprinkle
- with edible glitter.
- In a small bowl, beat vanilla frosting and confectioners' sugar until
- smooth. Place 2 tablespoons frosting in a small bowl; tint red and
- set aside. If desired, decorate dresses with white frosting and
- pearl dragees. Using tinted candy coating, attach pretzel wings.
- Freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Tint remaining frosting yellow for hair. Chill for 15 minutes or
- until firm. Using grass pastry tip #233 and yellow frosting, pipe
- hair onto heads. For halos, dip Life Savers in water; sprinkle with
- edible glitter. Let stand for 5 minutes or until glitter is set;
- press halos gently onto hair.
- Using round pastry tip #1 and reserved red frosting, pipe mouths.
- With black food coloring and a clean paintbrush, add eyelashes. Let
- stand until completely dry. Yield: 1 dozen.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave. Edible glitter is available from Wilton Industries. Call 1-800/794-5866 or visit www.wilton.com.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 540 calories, 25 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.