Heavenly Citrus Ham Recipe
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 8 pounds)
- Whole cloves
- 1-1/4 cups orange soda
- 1-1/4 cups orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove in the center of each diamond. Loosely cover ham with foil. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the soda, marmalade and brown sugar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Stir in mustard.
- 3. Brush ham with some of the glaze; bake 15-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting occasionally with remaining glaze. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- 4. Slice and cube 2 cups ham; save for Ham & Noodle Bake (recipe also in Recipe Finder). Slice and serve remaining ham. Yield: 9 servings plus leftovers.
4 ounces cooked ham equals 345 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 1,422 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer