- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 8 pounds)
- Whole cloves
- 1-1/4 cups orange soda
- 1-1/4 cups orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove in the center of each diamond. Loosely cover ham with foil. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
- In a small saucepan, combine the soda, marmalade and brown sugar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Stir in mustard.
- Brush ham with some of the glaze; bake 15-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting occasionally with remaining glaze. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice and cube 2 cups ham; save for Ham & Noodle Bake (recipe also in Recipe Finder). Slice and serve remaining ham. Yield: 9 servings plus leftovers.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Heavenly Citrus Ham
Sort By :
"Super yummy, and juicy... will make again!!!!"
"Very tasty. Great ham recipe."
"I promised to return here after making this recipe. It was excellent! I used fewer cloves than called for, and added a 1/4 tsp of ginger to the glaze. Will make again."
"Why do people rate recipes befor they try them??? This was very good and will serve again and again!"
"At the rest of incurring wrath, I'll state right up front that I haven't yet made this, but am planning to. I'm allergic to pineapple so I was very pleased to find this ham recipe that uses something else! It looks amazing and sounds delicious. I'll come back and post more about it once we've tried it."