- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a microwave, microwave the chocolate, 1/4 cup water and butter until the chocolate and butter are melted; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a small heavy saucepan, whisk egg yolks, sugar and remaining water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate mixture.
- Set saucepan in ice and stir until cooled, about 5-10 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Heavenly Chocolate Mousse
"I love this recipe. Tonight when I was making it, for the second time, everything that could go wrong did. My whipping cream was frozen and had to have someone run to the store, then I failed to read and forgot to whip the cream first, que hand mixer. The point is my mousse is still perfect!"
"Could you please tell me if I can use milk chocolate with minimum intensity, instead of semisweet chocolate...As I have got that in my pantry.And if I add milk chocolate then do I really have to add sugar???Quick response will be highly appreciated as I have a dinner next week and really want to try this mousse."
"Very good and chocolatey! My husband loved it. It made 4 small servings. I need to double it next time."
"This is a wonderful recipe, we are going to do it again this weekend."
"I loved this recipe. It was wonderful!"