Heavenly Chocolate Mousse Recipe
"Heaven on a spoon" is how one friend describes this chocolaty dessert. My husband, Allen rates it best of all the special treats I've made. The filling can also be used for a pie.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a microwave, microwave the chocolate, 1/4 cup water and butter until the chocolate and butter are melted; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a small heavy saucepan, whisk egg yolks, sugar and remaining water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate mixture.
- 3. Set saucepan in ice and stir until cooled, about 5-10 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 205 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC