Heavenly Chocolate-Fudge Cake Balls Recipe
My special treat is similar to the popular cake pops—but without the stick! They're guaranteed to calm any chocolate craving and jazz up holiday goodie trays all at the same time. Best of all, no one will guess how easy they are to make! —Lynn Davis, Moreno Valley, California
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup chocolate fudge frosting
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1-1/3 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 pounds white candy coating, chopped
- Optional toppings: milk chocolate English toffee bits, toasted flaked coconut and crushed candy canes
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions. Cool completely. Crumble cake into a large bowl.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine hot water and coffee granules; stir until dissolved. Add the frosting, cocoa and chocolate syrup; stir until combined. Add to cake; beat on low speed until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 3. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with toppings of your choice. Let stand until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 8 dozen.
1 cake ball (calculated without toppings) equals 111 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC