- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup chocolate fudge frosting
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1-1/3 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 pounds white candy coating, chopped
- Optional toppings: milk chocolate English toffee bits, toasted flaked coconut and crushed candy canes
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions. Cool completely. Crumble cake into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine hot water and coffee granules; stir until dissolved. Add the frosting, cocoa and chocolate syrup; stir until combined. Add to cake; beat on low speed until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with toppings of your choice. Let stand until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Originally published as Heavenly Chocolate-Fudge Cake Balls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p73
Reviews for Heavenly Chocolate-Fudge Cake Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review