The cake's name says it all. Plus, it's tall, dark and delicious.—Billie B. Isaacs, Miamisburg, Ohio
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Frosting shown in photo is Winter White Filling or Frosting
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with water, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Fill and frost as desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Heavenly Chocolate Cake in Taste of Home November 2011, p49
Reviews for Heavenly Chocolate Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review