Heavenly Cherry Angel Food Trifle Recipe
Cherries are a major crop in New York. Each year, a cherry recipe is conducted to celebrate George Washington's birthday-and I won with this recipe!
- 5 cups angel food cake cubes
- 1/4 cup cherry liqueur, optional
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry filling or topping
- 1. Place cake cubes in large bowl. Sprinkle with liqueur if desired; let stand 30 minutes. In a medium bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cream cheese; beat until blended. Reserve 2 tablespoons whipped topping; fold remaining topping into cheese mixture. Stir topping mixture and pecans into cake cubes; mix well. Spoon cake mixture into a pretty glass or crystal bowl. Spread cherry filling evenly over top. Or, if desired, layer one-half cake mixture and cherry filling; repeat layers.) Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours. Garnish servings with reserved topping. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1/2 cup: 306 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Heavenly Cherry Angel Food Trifle
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC