Heavenly Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 medium apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, apple cider, maple syrup, butter and reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 3/4 cup and syrupy, about 20 minutes. Stir in cinnamon and cloves; set aside and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Layer half the potatoes, apples and pineapple in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with salt. Pour reduced liquid over top. Cover and bake 40 minutes or just until tender.
- Sprinkle with pecans. Bake, uncovered, 13-18 minutes longer or until potatoes and apples are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Heavenly Baked Sweet Potatoes in Healthy Cooking October/November 2012, p40
Reviews for Heavenly Baked Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2012
"Made this for a family dinner, DELICIOUS and very little leftovers. Matched well with the slow-cooked ribs. Highly recommended!"
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2012
"omitted the salt, didn't have nuts. very good."