When I was a judge at a local fair, this soup recipe received my highest score. Of all the recipes I tasted that day, it was the only one I went home with and has been a winner ever since. —Kathy Herink, Gladbrook, Iowa
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (6-3/4 ounces) quick-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, celery and onions over medium heat until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in water, broth, soup, rice mix and contents of the seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes or until heated through. Top servings with bacon. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Originally published as Wild Rice Soup in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p15
Reviews for Hearty Wild Rice Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review