Hearty Wild Rice Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (6-3/4 ounces) quick-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, celery and onions over medium heat until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in water, broth, soup, rice mix and contents of the seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes or until heated through. Top servings with bacon. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Wild Rice Soup(13)
Sort By :
I didn't have quick-cooking wild rice, so I made the rice ahead of time and separately, and then cut the amount of water to compensate. It was tasty and creamy. We enjoyed it, and I would make it again.
Great soup. I used a Basmati wild rice packet from Trader Joe's. Next time I will try sausage ot ground turkey/chicken as the protein. We added in some salt and pepper, but just to our liking. This soup didn't last two days in our house. Thanks for sharing this with us.
I didn't really like this soup that much. It came out too mushy and took up all the juice and just basically tasted like glorified wild rice. Perhaps it was because I didn't get the quick cooking rice. I had to cook mine 20 min. To get the rice done.
I was excited by the ease and heartiness of this recipe, but it fell a little flat. I made excatly to recipe, and it really seemed to need more spice and additional vegetables. My family ate it, but we all agreed I would like not make again.
This soup is fantastic! I like a creamier texture, so I added an extra can of cream of mushroom soup. I would also reduce the amount of water used. I added fresh mushrooms to the vegetables and topped it with mozzarella cheese instead of bacon! We will definitely be keeping this recipe handy for quick, tasty winter meals!
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >