- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 celery ribs, diced
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the celery, broth, water, onion, rice, mushrooms and soy sauce. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 4 hours or until the rice is tender. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Wild Rice
Sort By :
NOT a good recipe. Very little taste. Cooked into mush. Would not recommend.
This was very good, although a little salty. I'll definitely be making it again, but will use a little less soy sauce. Also, be careful to not overcook as the wild rice will get mushy.