Hearty Whole Wheat Cookies Recipe
My grandchildren would do just about anything for one of these cookies. Packed with chocolate chips and peanuts, they're made with oats and whole wheat flour, so I don't mind them nibbling on them. —Lynore Derkson, Airdrie, Alberta
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the cream and vanilla.
- 2. In a blender or food processor, process oats until finely ground. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.
- 3. Drop by tablespoonfuls 1-1/2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 233 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC