My grandchildren would do just about anything for one of these cookies. Packed with chocolate chips and peanuts, they're made with oats and whole wheat flour, so I don't mind them nibbling on them. —Lynore Derkson, Airdrie, Alberta
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the cream and vanilla.
- In a blender or food processor, process oats until finely ground. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 1-1/2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Hearty Whole Wheat Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p41
Reviews for Hearty Whole Wheat Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review