- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese and sliced jalapeno peppers, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Stir in the beans, soup, milk, chilies, garlic and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Stir in chicken; heat through. Garnish with cheese and jalapenos if desired. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Hearty White Chili
Sort By :
"fantastic!!! Tried it once loved it and have made it several times since. Made it for a chili cookoff for a group of national guard soldiers they loved it."
"It was good, but because it's fairly thick, it goes better paired with something else than as a stand-alone meal."