Hearty Walleye Sandwiches Recipe
Our family likes to fish, so I'm always looking for different ways to prepare our catch. This one has turned out to be a family favorite.
- 1 walleye fillets (about 12 ounces), cut in half
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 4 bacon strips
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 submarine buns, split
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- 1. Sprinkle fillet with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Coat with cornmeal and set aside. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook fillet in reserved drippings for about 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, butter cut sides of buns. Place buttered side up on a baking sheet. Toast under broiler for about 1 minute or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and garlic; spread on buns. Top with lettuce, tomato slices and fish. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 1,123 calories, 63 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 202 mg cholesterol, 1,681 mg sodium, 84 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 50 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC