Hearty Veggie Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 slices red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1. Spread mayonnaise and mustard over two slices of bread; layer with the cheese, onion, olives, tomato and avocado. Sprinkle with pepper.
- 2. Drizzle each sandwich with 1 tablespoon of dressing. Top with lettuce. Drizzle remaining dressing over remaining bread; place over sandwiches. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 479 calories, 29g fat (8g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 1259mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 10g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Hearty Veggie Sandwiches
"Good quick sandwich to put together in a few moments. I left off the cheese and olives (personal preference) and substituted yellow onion for red because I didn't have any red on hand. I combined the mayo and mustard before spreading."