Hearty Veggie Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 slices red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1. Spread mayonnaise and mustard over two slices of bread; layer with the cheese, onion, olives, tomato and avocado. Sprinkle with pepper.
- 2. Drizzle each sandwich with 1 tablespoon of dressing. Top with lettuce. Drizzle remaining dressing over remaining bread; place over sandwiches. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise, reduced-fat cheese and fat-free salad dressing) equals 479 calories, 29 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 1,259 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Veggie Sandwiches
"Good quick sandwich to put together in a few moments. I left off the cheese and olives (personal preference) and substituted yellow onion for red because I didn't have any red on hand. I combined the mayo and mustard before spreading."