- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 slices red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 2 lettuce leaves
- Spread mayonnaise and mustard over two slices of bread; layer with the cheese, onion, olives, tomato and avocado. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Drizzle each sandwich with 1 tablespoon of dressing. Top with lettuce. Drizzle remaining dressing over remaining bread; place over sandwiches. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Veggie Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p33
Reviews for Hearty Veggie Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2014
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2013
Good quick sandwich to put together in a few moments. I left off the cheese and olives (personal preference) and substituted yellow onion for red because I didn't have any red on hand. I combined the mayo and mustard before spreading.