Hearty Veggie Sandwiches Recipe
From Highland, Utah, Micki Sannar writes, “This vegetarian delight is not only healthy, it tastes great, too. Any way you slice it, this is one refreshing, flavor-filled sandwich!”
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 slices red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 2 lettuce leaves
- Spread mayonnaise and mustard over two slices of bread; layer with the cheese, onion, olives, tomato and avocado. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Drizzle each sandwich with 1 tablespoon of dressing. Top with lettuce. Drizzle remaining dressing over remaining bread; place over sandwiches. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Veggie Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p33
Reviews for Hearty Veggie Sandwiches(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2013
Good quick sandwich to put together in a few moments. I left off the cheese and olives (personal preference) and substituted yellow onion for red because I didn't have any red on hand. I combined the mayo and mustard before spreading.