- 2-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) sliced potatoes, drained and quartered
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- Cook vegetables according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute the onion in 1/4 cup butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in the flour, sage, pepper and salt until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in the chicken, potatoes and mixed vegetables; heat through.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Melt the remaining butter; toss with stuffing cubes. Sprinkle over chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Veggie Chicken Casserole
"Full of flavor!"
"Okay, here's the scoop...My husband and I loved the flavor of this dish. If it were only the two of us eating, I would rate it a 5. However, we have three children to consider. There are alot of vegetables hidden in the dish. I could not even convince my kids to eat it, which is a shame because it is tasty. I will make the dish again (for mature guests) except I think I will increase the sauce a bit more. I thought it should be just a little creamier than it was. The overall taste of this dish is "chicken Pot pie" comfort food."