Hearty Veggie Bagel Sandwiches
MY SISTER and I developed this sandwich one day when we had some spicey everything bagels left over. I have often served it to my friends as a casual lunch. The total lack of fussiness for the sandwich allows me to spend quality time with our guests.
--Caroline Munoz, Austin, Minnesota
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 bagels, split
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 large slices tomato
- 1 slice sweet onion, separated into rings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and mustard; spread over cut
- sides of bagels. On bagel bottoms, layer lettuce, avocado, tomato
- and onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Replace bagel tops. Yield:
- 2 servings.