Hearty Vegetable Hamburger Soup Recipe
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water, carrot and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add the V8 juice, corn, peas, mushrooms, zucchini, basil and pepper. Simmer 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Add macaroni; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 202 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 869mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Vegetable Hamburger Soup
"This was very bland not taste at all I added a can of tomatoes, some more beef broth, salt and some other seasoning. Then it was ok but not great."
"This is my favorite go to recipe."