Hearty Vegetable Hamburger Soup Recipe
"You'll get a thumbs-up when you serve this veggie-packed soup," says Diane Mrozinski of Essexville, Michigan. You can substitute ground turkey for the beef, if you like, and easily double or triple the recipe to serve more people.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1/4 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water, carrot and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add the V8 juice, corn, peas, mushrooms, zucchini, basil and pepper. Simmer 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Add macaroni; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 202 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 869 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC