"You'll get a thumbs-up when you serve this veggie-packed soup," says Diane Mrozinski of Essexville, Michigan. You can substitute ground turkey for the beef, if you like, and easily double or triple the recipe to serve more people.
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- In a small saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water, carrot and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the V8 juice, corn, peas, mushrooms, zucchini, basil and pepper. Simmer 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Add macaroni; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Hamburger Soup in Reminisce September/October 2003, p49
Reviews for Hearty Vegetable Hamburger Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review