- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- In a small saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water, carrot and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the V8 juice, corn, peas, mushrooms, zucchini, basil and pepper. Simmer 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Add macaroni; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Vegetable Hamburger Soup
"Very good recipe. Quick, inexpensive and not a lot of ingredients. I did have to add some spices because it is very bland. Also, I used a can of tomato sauce with the v8 juice. I tripled the recipe and my husband loved it! Will definitely make this soup again."
"This was very bland not taste at all I added a can of tomatoes, some more beef broth, salt and some other seasoning. Then it was ok but not great."
"This is my favorite go to recipe."