This layered dinner is a handy one-dish meal with lots of fall vegetables. It's gone to many potluck meals at our church.—Bill Cowan, Hanover, Ontario
- 1 cup sliced turnips
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup diced parsnips
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (8 ounces) cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 12 links Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown® Mild Pork Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. glass baking dish, layer the first six vegetables in order given, seasoning with salt and pepper between layers. Drain beans, reserving liquid; set liquid aside.
- Place beans over cabbage; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onion. Brown the sausage; drain. Place over onion. Combine soup and bean liquid; pour over sausage.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Turn sausage over; bake, uncovered, 30 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Vegetable Casserole in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p47
Reviews for Hearty Vegetable Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review