Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup
This soup is packed with flavor. Thanks to convenience products, it’s perfect for a weeknight supper, but it would also make a tasty lunch some snowy Saturday. —Joanne Meehan, Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated beef roast au jus
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 5-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked mini penne pasta
- Shred beef with two forks; transfer to a Dutch oven. Add the
- tomatoes, vegetables, water and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or
- until flavors are blended and pasta is tender. Yield: 8 servings
- (2-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 238 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 705 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.