- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated beef roast au jus
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 5-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked mini penne pasta
- Shred beef with two forks; transfer to a Dutch oven. Add the tomatoes, vegetables, water and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until flavors are blended and pasta is tender. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup
"This is super easy and fast to make. I did add a dash of cayenne pepper for a bit of zip. The second time I made it I substituted barley for the pasta. Delicious."
"It was easy and delicious"
"Love this recipe. I love the way the beef is shredded and not in big chunks and is very tender. I make a beef roast french dip the meal before and then used the leftovers in this soup. I also used some pepper seasonings and worchestshire sauce. Excellent."
"The best vegetable soup I have ever had. I loved the pasta and the beef is very tender."
"One word. Bland. I. Added one can of chicken broth and a bag of baby spinach plus ome grated cheese for flavor. That made it better, but still not great. I wouldn't make this again...there's much better vegetable beef soups. On the positive side, it was quick and easy to make."