This soup is packed with flavor. Thanks to convenience products, it’s perfect for a weeknight supper, but it would also make a tasty lunch some snowy Saturday. —Joanne Meehan, Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated beef roast au jus
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 5-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked mini penne pasta
- Shred beef with two forks; transfer to a Dutch oven. Add the tomatoes, vegetables, water and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until flavors are blended and pasta is tender. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p30
Reviews for Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review