- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated beef roast au jus
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 5-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked mini penne pasta
- Shred beef with two forks; transfer to a Dutch oven. Add the tomatoes, vegetables, water and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until flavors are blended and pasta is tender. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup
"This is super easy and fast to make. I did add a dash of cayenne pepper for a bit of zip. The second time I made it I substituted barley for the pasta. Delicious."
"It was easy and delicious"
"Love this recipe. I love the way the beef is shredded and not in big chunks and is very tender. I make a beef roast french dip the meal before and then used the leftovers in this soup. I also used some pepper seasonings and worchestshire sauce. Excellent."
"One word. Bland. I. Added one can of chicken broth and a bag of baby spinach plus ome grated cheese for flavor. That made it better, but still not great. I wouldn't make this again...there's much better vegetable beef soups. On the positive side, it was quick and easy to make."
"Very good and super easy!"
"This recipe is really good. However, I do not use the noodles. I also double the meat and vegetables because I have a large family. I make this all of the time, and my family loves it!"
"I make this soup for my family every couple of weeks!"
"This was really good! All my family ate it and my six year old had seconds. I made my own roast in the crockpot that I had sprinkled a package of dry Italian dressing and used that as the beef so it was seasoned enough."