Hearty Vegetable Bean Soup Recipe
Chock-full of vegetables and beans, this hearty soup is sure to satisfy your hungry bunch on a winter night. Writes Cathy Seed from Hudson, Ohio. "This soup is wonderfully easy to make and very tasty. In summer, use fresh produce from the garden or your local farmer's market. In winter, just use frozen or open some cans of veggies—it couldn't be simpler!"
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 cup frozen white or frozen shoepeg corn
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute the carrots, zucchini, onion and red pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add the broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, cumin and cayenne; bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 285 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1356mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 11g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Vegetable Bean Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC