Hearty Vegetable Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 cup frozen white or frozen shoepeg corn
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute the carrots, zucchini, onion and red pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add the broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, cumin and cayenne; bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 285 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1356mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 11g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Vegetable Bean Soup
"This is really good. It seems like a lot of work, but it goes together fast and easy."