Hearty Twice-Baked Potatoes Recipe
Everyone raves about these extra-special spuds that are perfect for meat-and-potato lovers. The creamy, nicely seasoned potatoes are a great accompaniment to grilled chicken, but hearty enough to serve as a comforting meal on their own. —Rebecca Williams Alapaha, Georgia
- 8 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400° for 40-60 minutes or microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-14 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the sausage, cheese, ham, bacon, sour cream, salad dressing, salt and pepper.
- 3. Spoon into potato shells. Place on two ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC