- 8 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400° for 40-60 minutes or microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-14 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the sausage, cheese, ham, bacon, sour cream, salad dressing, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into potato shells. Place on two ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Twice-Baked Potatoes
Sort By :
"Easy, and we liked them. I omitted the ham because I thought the bacon and sausage would be enough, and it was. I make homemade italian dressing, and it made these delicious!"
"I have been making this recipe for almost 10 years now. It is always requested by my company and family. You can not go wrong and everyone will love this."