Hearty Turkey Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1-inch julienne strips
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 jar (26 ounces) garden-style pasta sauce or Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup uncooked small shell pasta
- 1. In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add zucchini and carrot; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, pasta sauce, beans, tomatoes, parsley, oregano, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Just before serving, stir in pasta. Yield: 10 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 242 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 888 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.