Hearty Turkey Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1-inch julienne strips
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 jar (26 ounces) garden-style pasta sauce or meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup uncooked small shell pasta
- 1. In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add zucchini and carrot; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, pasta sauce, beans, tomatoes, parsley, oregano, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Just before serving, stir in pasta. Yield: 10 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
1-1/2 cup: 242 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 888mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 7g fiber), 17g protein .
Reviews for Hearty Turkey Vegetable Soup
"My husband loves this, it's very wholesome. And, is great for leftovers to be taken for lunch as we need in our home. He can't ever say enough about it when I make it! I too love it."
"I thought this soup was really tasty. It was also very easy to put together. I did use homemade beans to cut down on the sodium and used a large can of spaghetti sauce verses the jar of spaghetti sauce and still found that there was plenty of flavor. We will be making this one again."
"I do have high standards when it comes to home-made soup, but this was atrocious!"
"This was sooooo delicious and flavorful! I used 1/2 lb Italian Turkey Sausage for half of the ground turkey and it had a little extra punch. Delicious!"
"very good everyone liked it.I made it with only one little change that was I use watkins beef base insted of beef broth. it has more flaver and little sodium and it's powder so it last longer.the one thing I didn't like was the zucchini it got mushie. I took it out . the second time I made it I left out the zucchini we liked it just as well. will make agaen."