- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup ditalini or other small pasta
- In a small bowl, combine the egg whites, bread crumbs, cheese and 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 3/4-in. balls.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute carrots and celery in oil for 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, pepper and remaining Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in pasta; cook 10-12 minutes longer or until vegetables and pasta are tender. Add meatballs and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Turkey Meatball Soup
Sort By :
This was really good, hearty soup! I served it for lunch with homemade whole wheat dinner rolls. Delicious winter meal! I only had 2 cans of chicken broth so I substituted 1 can of vegetarian vegetable broth for the third can. Then I sprinkled in some powdered chicken bouillon to add back the chicken broth flavoring. It worked great! I also used Jennie-O 99% lean ground turkey. My 12 year old son really liked this soup!
I've made this twice, with ground turkey and with leftover turkey, both were excellent. I doubled the pasta because we wanted a heartier dish. Even the kids ate it up.
This is a great recipe. I added a can of diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings to my version and it was great. Very healthy and tasty!
Even my 3 year old loves this soup. Super yummy! I make it with turkey sausage, just remove the casing.
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >