Hearty Turkey Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Turkey Casserole
"I've made this several times and I'm always surprised how delicious it is, when the ingredient list seems rather bland. I served this to some in-laws recently, who were all skeptical about a turkey casserole with hard-boiled eggs in it, but they all loved it and went for more! Easy to make; definitely a keeper!"
"my whole family loved this"
"Re: Hearty Turkey CasseroleThis is a keeper! Used penne pasta instead of macaroni, an extra egg, and topped with grated parmesan cheese. Will definitely make this again!"
"This is great except for process cheese food. (Our dog won't even eat it!) But regular or reduced fat shredded cheddar is great in it!BonneSue"
"This is an easy dish to make and tastes really good. Very cheesy."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.