Hearty Turkey & Rice Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Chopped tomatoes, baked tortilla chip scoops and sliced ripe olives, optional
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add the salsa, tomato sauce, bouillon and salt; heat through.
- Serve with rice; top with cheese and sour cream. Garnish with tomatoes, chips and olives if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Turkey & Rice(5)
Sort By :
We tried this tonight with some "oops - forgot you were in the freezer" left over turkey from Thanksgiving. As it cooked we got the idea to put it (with the rice, cheese, sour cream and tomato) on whole wheat tortillas and make a burrito out of it. Yum! Definitely will make again!
I really enjoyed this recipe. Made plenty for leftovers the next day. I'm thinking of adding black beans to the next go round!
I used some cubed leftover turkey, it was just wonderful (and a little faster!)
soooo easy and delicious. I will make it often!! Thanks for sharing , Laurie
Delicious! This was a perfect meal for a cold fall night.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >