- 1-1/2 cups Minute® Brown Rice
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes, baked tortilla chips and sliced ripe olives
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up turkey into crumbles. Add salsa, tomato sauce, bouillon and salt; heat through.
- Serve with rice, cheese, sour cream and, if desired, toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Turkey & Rice
Sort By :
We tried this tonight with some "oops - forgot you were in the freezer" left over turkey from Thanksgiving. As it cooked we got the idea to put it (with the rice, cheese, sour cream and tomato) on whole wheat tortillas and make a burrito out of it. Yum! Definitely will make again!
I really enjoyed this recipe. Made plenty for leftovers the next day. I'm thinking of adding black beans to the next go round!
I used some cubed leftover turkey, it was just wonderful (and a little faster!)
soooo easy and delicious. I will make it often!! Thanks for sharing , Laurie
Delicious! This was a perfect meal for a cold fall night.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >