Hearty Turkey & Feta Sandwich Recipe
I’ve served this highly requested sandwich at get-togethers since my college days. What makes it so good is the hummus and the pickle - everyone notices if the pickle is missing. — Jackie Termont, Richmond, Virginia
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic hummus
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound sliced deli turkey
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 4 thin sandwich pickle slices
- 1. Cut French bread lengthwise in half; hollow out each half, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save removed bread for another use).
- 2. Spread hummus over cut side of bread top. In a small bowl, combine cheese and oregano; sprinkle over bread bottom. Top with turkey, red pepper and pickles. Replace top; cut into slices. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 199 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 933 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Turkey & Feta Sandwich
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC