Hearty Tuna Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked yolk-free wide noodles
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 celery rib with leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine the noodles, tuna, zucchini, sour cream, celery, onion, mayonnaise, mustard, thyme and salt.
- 2. Spoon half into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers. Top with tomato.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 minutes longer. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 279 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 516 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.