Hearty Tuna Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked yolk-free wide noodles
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 celery rib with leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine the noodles, tuna, zucchini, sour cream, celery, onion, mayonnaise, mustard, thyme and salt.
- Spoon half into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers. Top with tomato.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 minutes longer. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hearty Tuna Casserole(2)
Sort By :
I cut the recipe in half. I used pasta shells instead of noodles, chopped fresh spinach instead of zucchini, added chopped mushrooms, chopped red bell pepper. Since I cut the sauce ingredients in half I was afraid it would be dry so I poured 1/4 cup chicken broth over the whole dish before I baked it. I didn't layer the cheese. I waited until the casserole was cooked through and then added 1/4 cheese on top and let it melt. Turned out really tasty. Would definitely make again.
I like the idea of adding zucchini to this recipe to add some veggies to the dish...it was very tasty... we enjoyed it. I served it w/a baked tomato dish.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >