Hearty Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 3 uncooked Italian sausage links (1/2 to 3/4 pound)
- 4 cups water
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 cup frozen cut green beans
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Cut sausage into 3/4-in. pieces; brown in a Dutch oven or soup kettle. Drain. Add the water, tomatoes, soup, coleslaw mix and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Uncover; add tortellini. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until pasta is tender. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings (about 3 quarts).
1 cup: 184 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Hearty Tortellini Soup
"This was by far the best soup recipe I came across last year. My teenagers and husband say it is their favorite soup ever!! Definitely a family favorite at my house!!"