Hearty Tortellini Soup Recipe
Diana Lauhon of Minerva, Ohio modified a soup recipe to suit her family's tastes while taking advantage of convenience foods. "Once you brown the sausage, it's a snap to throw in the other ingredients and let them simmer. Frozen tortellini is added minutes before serving for a savory soup that tastes like you spent hours making it."
- 3 uncooked Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links (1/2 to 3/4 pound)
- 4 cups water
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 cup frozen cut green beans
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Cut sausage into 3/4-in. pieces; brown in a Dutch oven or soup kettle. Drain. Add the water, tomatoes, soup, coleslaw mix and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Uncover; add tortellini. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until pasta is tender. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings (about 3 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 184 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 607 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC