Hearty Tomato Bisque Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces soft tofu, drained and crumbled (1 cup)
- 1-1/2 cups soy milk
- 3/4 cup salad croutons
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil for 4-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, honey, rosemary, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; stir in tofu and soy milk. Cool slightly. In a blender or food processor, process soup in batches until smooth. Return to the pan and heat through. Garnish with croutons. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Tomato Bisque
Sort By :
this recipe was amazing i added some tony sachers, peppers, basil and garlic.
I made this with slight changes. Omitted the rosemary, used Italian flavored tomatoes. I used plain almond milk. I served with toast, not croutons.
Rich and tasty but perhaps could use a bit more spice (black pepper perhaps).
Am I right to assume that the soy milk used is the plain variety with no added sugar or flavoring like vanilla?
This was just OK; made with powdered milk and water instead of the soy milk. We have had better tomato soup and my husband thinks canned tomato soup is better.
More Recipe Collections
- Bisque Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >