Hearty Tex-Mex Chili Recipe
I dreamed up this hearty chili with a Tex-Mex twist 25 years ago. It’s still everyone’s favorite and the go-to recipe in our family cookbook.—Martha B. Hook, Dallas, Texas
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup V8 juice
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- 2 envelopes chili seasoning
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomatoes, water, juice, coffee and chili seasoning.
- 2. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours to allow flavors to blend. Yield: 9 servings.
1 cup equals 281 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 1,115 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Tex-Mex Chili
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC